Sunday, September 9, 2007

Growing, growing, growing!!

Hello everyone! Our little boy is definitely getting bigger the last few weeks as evidenced by mommy's tummy! My other pregnant friends said they woke up one day and it seemed their stomach had all of a sudden grown...well I have definitely reached that point. I wore my first maternity shirt this week (it was still big, but you could see a little "bump"). Everything still seems to be going well. Nathan has his very active days and then still has days where he likes to sleep a lot (that is until mommy is ready for bed and he decides he wants to play)! I can tell the difference now between a kick or punch and rolling or flipping. Mommy and Daddy are ready for some cooler weather so we started preparing by buying Nathan his first penguin outfit yesterday (mommy's favorite animal). It has cute little blue fleece overalls with a long sleeve striped onesie...we will have to take some pictures of Nathan in it to post online. We all also enjoyed the wonderful fall-like weather this morning by planting 3 trees in our yard (trust me, Nathan was awake and wanting to help!). Justin and I were talking about how next fall we will have to get pictures of Nathan underneath the trees when they change color.

Everything else is going well around here. I am staying very busy trying to manage school, clinicals, work, and getting enough rest! Justin is wonderful help and support!! We have the required test for gestational diabetes on September 26th and then our 28 week appointment AND 3D/4D ultrasound on September 28th. At that time we will have entered our third trimester and will start visits to the doctor every 2 weeks. Next weekend we are going to visit my parents on Saturday to help celebrate my mom's birthday. I can't wait for her to see how much her grandson has grown since our last visit!

I will sign off for now so I can work on more school! Everyone take care and I will update again after the ultrasound if not sooner.

The Smith's

No comments: