Friday, November 16, 2007

About 5 weeks and counting

Hello everyone! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. If you only knew how hectic the last few weeks have been I'm sure you would understand! :) Everything is going well for us. We are now almost 35 weeks and getting more anxious with each passing day. We had our 3D/4D ultrasound in September which was wonderful. I will have to figure out how to post some pictures for everyone to see! Nathan looked healthy, but wasn't wanting to cooperate during the ultrasound. He just wanted to snuggle into Mommy and not face the camera. He has already developed such a little personality...Justin and I know we are going to have our hands full!

Everything has been going very well. We have another appointment tomorrow (acutally today but I haven't been to bed yet) with our OB and will see how things are going. Every visit has been perfect; perfect growth, heartrate and those lovely side effects. :) I feel as though I can't grow anymore and am not sure how he's going to stay in there for another month. Mornings aren't too bad, but as the day progresses it gets uncomfortable to do something as simple as sit at my desk or attempt to drive. I feel as though I have an octopus under my ribs. Luckily Justin has been kind enough to carpool with me most days of the week so I can lean further back in the seat and not have to worry about trying to turn to check for traffic. I know it sounds so trivial, but is actually quite uncomfortable!

As I said earlier Nathan has already developed his own little personality. Justin marvels at how aggressive he can be when he's awake. My stomach gets stretched to the limits when he is rolling around. Speak of the devil I am getting ambushed right now by my little man. He also tends to get the hiccups...ALOT!!! He has them an average of 4-5x/day. And boy does he get mad when they don't go away quickly. I'm not sure if he's sleeping when they develop or not, but after about 5 minutes of the hiccuping, he gets very frustrated and starts rolling around and sticking his little bottom out. He is pretty restless until they go away! We feel so bad for the little guy! I have tried what I can think to help him; I get up and walk, I pat his back, I rub circles on his back, and we talk soothingly. He usually calms down when Daddy talks to him. So when I get really uncomfortable and am getting beat up, I go to Justin and he talks to my belly and calms Nathan down. It's very endearing!! And I'm thankful for the respite from the ambush!

Everything else is going well here. I am almost finished with school for the semester; just a few more outlying projects to be completed, but I am finished with clinicals, weekly case studies, and our clinic notes. We have the nursery finished now. It is adorable and I love to just go sit in the rocker and let my mind wander. I will try to post pictures of it as well so you can all see. Our next project this weekend (besides finishing all our thank-you's from the showers) is to get the big items put together (car seat, stroller, swing, monitor). I already put the Pack-and-Play together one night this week and I am glad I did. It took a long time to figure out what went where and am glad I did it once without a screaming baby in my arms!

Well I am going to head to bed as I can barely keep my eyes open. Everyone take care and we will try to be in contact soon!

Justin, Amber, and baby-to-be Nathan

No comments: