Monday, February 18, 2008

8 weeks old!!

Hello everyone! Yes, that is right...Nathaniel Dean is already 8 weeks old! It seems so close, yet so long ago that he entered our world! We still have not settled into a routine. The last few days have been especially hard. Nathan has been very cranky and not wanting to nap at all during the day. I should rephrase that...he is WANTING to nap, but can't get himself calmed down enough to do it! We try taking him to a quiet room and lying him in his crib or bassinet. The problem is he has finally found a self-soothing behavior (sucking his thumb) but he wakes up when it falls out of his mouth. He is so darn cute when he does it...he insists on holding all four fingers on his face while having his thumb in his mouth. For those of you worrying about this becoming a bad habit, he only does it when we lie him down in his bassinet or crib to go to sleep. Anyway, we hope he is just trying to get his days and nights straightened out and that is why he is staying awake all day. We are going to work on getting some sort of routine or structure for him during the day instead of changing things day to day.





Anyways, Nathan is becoming more and more active every day. He loves to talk to you and look in a mirror. Our memory card got filled up with pictures of our little man, so I don't have any new ones from the last week and a half or so (don't worry...I took some but not with our digital camera). But here are some pictures from a couple weeks ago. And Uncle Carl and Aunt Rhonda, thanks a lot for the Favre jersey!! It was still big, but Daddy and I enjoyed being in our football jerseys for the Superbowl!! :)





Take care and we will talk with you all soon!


Justin, Amber, & Nathaniel



My first Superbowl!! Note my disappointed look at the Patriots loss!!


Mommy making me do silly poses while Daddy and Uncle Tyler watch.


Me and Daddy in our jerseys. Aren't we handsome!?!?!


Giving Mommy a big, cheesy grin! Aren't I cute!!!


The first time I found my thumb to suck on. (His fingers stay like that covering his little face!! It is the cutest thing ever!!) This is also the first time I moved up to 3-6 month clothes. My 0-3 month footie outfits are too short! Mommy had to go buy me bigger ones so I can stretch!!

No comments: