Tuesday, March 11, 2008

11 weeks old

Hello everyone! We hope this finds you all in good health and adapting to the loss of an hour of sleep this weekend better than this Mommy!! :) Yes, Mr. Nathaniel is 11 weeks old as of yesterday at 9:19! Can you believe it? I know I can't. My little boy is getting so big and my time off work is rapidly draining. I have to go back on Monday and I am dreading it more than anyone could imagine (even myself)! I have truly enjoyed this time off with him and know I am blessed to have had this opportunity in the first place! Luckily, I will only have to go back to work 3 days a week. I will work Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then every other Saturday for 4 hours. This will allow me to keep my full time status for benefits, but able to be home more with Nathaniel. We also have found a lady who does daycare in her home about 5 minutes from our house. She only has a few other kids and Nathan will be the only infant. We felt this was better for Nathan to not only get more 1:1 attention, but also to not be around so many other kids and risk getting sick. Hopefully this will also allow Nathan to nurse longer with being able to be home with Mommy at least every other day. We all know how much more beneficial breastmilk is for him than formula (and a heck of a lot cheaper too...even with the cost of a pump)!! And I'm happy to supply this for him as long as I can.

Justin and I are doing well also. Having fun playing with our baby boy. :) He is getting so strong. If we hold his hands he pulls on us to get himself up to the sitting position. And he is holding his head steady now when we hold him (unless of course he is sleepy). And he is looking up and around at toys when doing tummy time.

Here are some pictures of our amazing baby. Enjoy!

Justin, Amber & Nathaniel

Look how strong I am!!

Such a big boy!!


Mommy exhausted me! I couldn't even make it to the bassinett or swing! I passed out on the floor!!


I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but when Nathan falls asleep in his swing, he brings both legs up and crosses his feet BEHIND the little divider for his legs! It is hilarious. He loves to curl himself up.


What? Another picture? Nathan is going to think Mommy's face is a camera! :)


Mommy's cutie indeed!


Daddy was blowing raspberries on my tummy making me laugh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 Month Birthday, Nathan! And Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Easter. All so close together. I thought sure I would make it down to KC to see you before now, but it hasn't worked out. Colds, flu, and then getting them over again, for both of us, along with bad weather, and there just hasn't been a good time. The pictures are cute. I'm going to try sending one to Walgreens to see if I can do it. I've heard others talk about doing it, and they say it isn't hard. I know it is hard going back to work/school - but you will survive! Love, Uncle Mike and Aunt Gin